Greenville Investment Property for Sale - 2023 Rental Home Appreciation
State: South Carolina
Greenville, South Carolina, is located in upstate South Carolina and is one of the biggest up-and-coming cities in the area. With various industries, low taxes, and walkable downtown, more people decide to call Greenville their home.
Whether you're moving into downtown Greenville or the suburbs in Greenville County, new homes attract renters, creating many investment opportunities. But, the school districts, family-friendly activities, and the excellent workforce keep people in the area.
Greenville's Attractive Housing Market
Real estate in Greenville is booming. Single-family and multi-family homes are not on the market for long, and development in downtown Greenville has resulted in new condos and apartment complexes. Here are a few attractive areas near Greenville, SC.
- Greer- Home to the only BMW plant in the United States, it is a great halfway point between the two cities of Greenville and Spartanburg. It is also home to the Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport.
- Simpsonville- As part of the "Golden Strip," including Mauldin and Fountain Inn, Simpsonville is known for low unemployment rates due to the many businesses that call it home. These include H.B. Fuller, KEMET, Sealed Air, and Milliken.
- Pickens- The place for the adventurer. Pickens is tucked into the Blue Ridge Mountains and has numerous waterfalls and state parks, including Table Rock and Keowee-Toxaway.
- Anderson- Nicknamed one of the friendliest cities in South Carolina, Anderson is close to many universities and is full of diversity, history, and culture. People enjoy breweries, BINGO nights, and karaoke.
Other cities near Greenville:
- Taylors- About 25 minutes from Greenville, Taylors residents live in a town with an affordable cost of living, family-friendly neighborhoods, and an easy commute to Greenville.
- Easley- Home to the Upper South Carolina State Fair every September. Easley also has attractions like Tiny Town, a miniature town with 25 handcrafted cabins and other buildings.
Greenville is close to other metropolitan areas like Travelers Rest and Piedmont, and both are known for the Native American tribes that called the area home. Both areas have top-rated school districts, family-owned restaurants, and affordable housing options.
Rental Home Appreciation in Greenville
Greenville's population has grown faster than any other county in South Carolina. As a result, realtors are seeing a substantial increase in demand for Greenville real estate. This growth has caused an increase in home values, making rental properties more desirable, and both factors have drawn real estate investors to the area.
People need homes, and Greenville has many family-friendly entertainment options like The Children's Museum of Upstate, Gather GVL, and other family attractions. In addition, the area has many wineries and breweries if you are looking for more adult activities.
Greenville also has more than a dozen higher learning institutions within its radius. These include Clemson University, Furman University, Greenville Technical College, and Bob Jones University.
Economic Growth in Greenville
This upstate South Carolina city was once known for its textile plants. But it has quickly grown into a space with over 250 international companies.
Greenville has a mix of high-tech jobs and old-line industries such as manufacturing and finance. GE Power, KI Logistics, Verizon Wireless, Michelin North America, Duke Energy Corp, and TD Bank are a few of Greenville's companies.
The cost of living in Greenville is below the national and state average. The lower cost of living allows homeowners and renters to spend their money supporting Greenville businesses, restaurants, and other entertainment opportunities.
Deciding to invest in small and large businesses in downtown Greenville, the government has created many business plans to keep Greenville's economy growing and thriving.
If you are looking for a suitable real estate investment, investing with Arrived allows you to invest without property management responsibilities, no matter which property type you decide to pursue.
Arrived has a lot to offer real estate investors, homeowners, and renters. Learn more about how Arrived can help first-time or veteran real estate investors by signing up here.