At Arrived, our mission is to empower the world to build wealth through modern real estate investing. To accomplish this, we created an investor experience that reduces the difficulties and simplifies the complex decision-making traditionally associated with real estate investing so anyone can do it.
A Better Experience For Investors
Traditional investing in rental properties is complex and time-consuming. Below is the 16-step process needed for purchasing a rental home. There is a steep learning curve, and the process requires significant time and resources. We set out to radically simplify this process and make it accessible to anyone.
The Old Way to Buy Rental Properties
On Arrived, anyone can buy shares in rental homes and vacation rentals with a simple four-step process. With this innovative technology-driven process, you can buy shares in seconds and start earning income quickly.
The Arrived Way to Buy Rental Properties
- Browse Homes – Investors browse available homes and vacation rental properties pre-vetted based on their appreciation and income potential.
- Select Shares – Investors determine how much money they want to invest in each property and select shares.
- Sign & Invest – Investors review the terms, sign an online contract, and fund the investment by linking their bank account
- Earn Income – Investors sit back and collect their share of net rental income and participate in the property value appreciation.
How Arrived Works in 60 Seconds
Below you can watch a 60-second video that shows how Arrived works.
Arrived Stakeholder Commitments
Our mission is to empower the world to build wealth through modern real estate investing. We aim to do that by opening up the real estate market for those who might not otherwise have access to it. Achieving that mission requires more than just an incredible product and team. We prioritize integrity, sustainability, and humanity in everything that we do.
We are a mission and values-driven team and believe deeply that ethical business practices for all our stakeholders and communities will lead to the best business outcomes for our clients, residents, communities, and employees. We also believe it is the right thing to do.
Arrived operates as a Public Benefit Corporation – this means that in addition to our standard corporate governance, Arrived also promotes public benefits in financial inclusion, fair & equitable housing, and job creation.
We recognize that Arrived has four main stakeholders: the clients who invest their capital, the residents who lease out Arrived rental properties, the communities Arrived rental properties are in, and the team of employees that serve our stakeholders. To view our stakeholder commitments statement, please click here.
In addition to making the investing experience faster and easier, we have spent a great deal of time developing an operational model that allows us to maximize returns for our investors. While many different components go into maximizing investor returns, the two main areas that we focus on are the selection of high-quality property management (PM) partners and acquiring properties with great return profiles. Below you can learn more about the Arrived process.
Robust Property Acquisition:
Arrived uses data science to ensure that we find and acquire the right home at the right price. This process starts with analyzing hundreds of different markets to identify which offer strong cash flow and property appreciation potential. We then pick the best neighborhoods and desired home attributes in those markets. Once we find properties that fit the bill, we create a property and financial analysis that is presented to our investment committee for review. This process ensures that we are only selecting and acquiring the properties that will maximize the returns for our investors.
For more information on our market and property selection process for our long-term rentals, please watch this short video featuring Arrived’s VP of Investments, Cameron Wu.
We’ve also put together this article, which provides an overview on how we select markets and properties for our short-term rentals.
Efficient Property Management:
Once we have decided to enter a market, we initiate our search for a partner to manage the properties we will acquire. This property management (PM) partner will have numerous mission-critical responsibilities ranging from assisting in the search for properties to managing remodels and finding tenants.
We evaluate our PMs in five primary areas – process and organization, communication and responsiveness, fees and fee structure, operating results, and partner mindset – and require an “acceptable” rating in all.
Benefits of Investing with Arrived
Not only have we dramatically improved the investor experience and built a robust operations strategy, but we have also focused on building many other benefits that make investing in top-quality real estate easier. Below are a few benefits of investing on the Arrived platform.
- Low minimum investment – With Arrived, it is just as easy to invest $100 as it is to invest $100,000. We have removed the high barriers of entry to rental home investing.
- Diversify your investments – Diversification is a potent tool for reducing risk. You are accessing this diversification by investing in multiple real estate properties, markets, or asset types.
- No Operational Responsibility – Arrived takes all operational responsibility for the home, so you can sit back and relax.
- Truly Passive and Consistent Income – We have designed our product around ensuring that rental payments are consistently paid out to our investors. Investors receive rental payments quarterly.
- Top Renters – We vet our long-term tenants, and they can become co-investors by buying shares in the rental property they are staying in.
- Benefits from Scale – Thanks to our scale of operations, we can further decrease many different types of costs and improve returns.
- No personal liability – We place all new properties in an LLC, which means there is zero personal liability for investors from any lawsuits or personal guarantees for financing debt.
- Access to the most lucrative markets – We allow investors to access markets with the highest returns, even if those markets are very far away from where you live.
- Access to professional-grade technology – We utilize several advanced (and expensive) technology platforms to help us make better property acquisition and management decisions.
We have built a much better way to invest in real estate, and we look forward to showing you the results. Sign up and start browsing our properties today.
Rest Easy Knowing Your Investment is Secure
Each rental home and vacation rental property funded on Arrived is qualified with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC); this adds time and complexity to the work our team does behind the scenes but we think it’s necessary for two primary reasons:
- Anyone can invest: By qualifying its offerings with the SEC, Arrived can allow anyone over the age of 18, accredited or non-accredited, to participate in its offerings.
- Investor protection: Qualifying offerings with the SEC means filling out long-form document disclosures for each property, filing financial statements on a semi-annual basis and auditing those statements on an annual basis. All of this provides adequate disclosure to investors so that they understand what they’re investing in and the performance of each asset.
Arrived property financials are prepared in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) for regulatory purposes. Arrived holds its team accountable for the accuracy and integrity of information. If you would like to access our SEC filings, you can click here.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who legally has ownership of the house?
When you purchase shares in an Arrived home offering, you directly buy ownership in the individual Series of a Series LLC that owns that home asset. For example, if you purchase 1% of the shares in a single home offering, you would then be entitled to 1% of the economic interests of the asset over time, which may include income from rent or property value appreciation.
Who can invest in Arrived Homes properties?
Currently, the Arrived platform is open to U.S. Residents above the age of 18. Individuals may also invest through certain entities or self-directed retirement accounts. Individuals need not be accredited investors to participate in the Arrived platform.
Will I have any responsibilities for managing properties I invest in? If not, who is responsible?
No, Arrived takes care of all the homeownership responsibilities, including the selection, purchase, and renovation of the home or vacation rental, as well as finding tenants, managing bookings, and dealing with maintenance requests. Arrived works with experienced property managers that take care of the day-to-day management responsibility – our property managers have many years of experience, which allows them to maximize returns and minimize operating costs.
What returns can I expect, and how often are rental payments distributed to investors?
Investing in Arrived rental properties can deliver returns to investors in two different ways:
1. Dividends from the rental income on each property; currently paid out to investors quarterly
2. Appreciation from the change in property value that will be realized at the end of the investment hold period
The below table shows the estimated historical return range for a diversified portfolio of properties for each investment strategy. Actual returns for individual properties will vary and may over or underperform these ranges. Diversifying across several properties and across asset types can be a helpful strategy for minimizing individual property risk.
Estimated Historical Annual Return Range For Diversified Portfolio
|Single-Family Residentials||Vacation Rentals|
|Without Leverage||6% to 10%||5.5% to 12%|
|With Leverage||7% to 12%||6% to 15%|
|Target Investment Period||5-7 Years||5-15 Years|
You can view the current performance of all our properties on our historical performance page.
What is the minimum Initial Investment?
Our mission at Arrived is to make investing in rental homes accessible to everyone. As such, the minimum amount required to invest is just $100 USD.
What happens if I want to liquidate my investment before the holding period ends?
Investors will need to plan to hold their shares for the full investment period until the property is sold and investors are paid their proportional proceeds from the sale. We anticipate filing a secondary trading market with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as an option for liquidity during the investment period, however, there can be no guarantee when that will be available. Please submit your email if you would like to be notified of future developments.
Arrived strives to give investors the opportunity to build wealth through real estate. Historically, real estate returns have been maximized when treated as a long-term investment over multiple years. Arrived property offerings typically have a 5 year minimum investment period before a property would be sold.
There is currently no public trading market for our Interests, and an active market may not develop or be sustained. There is no guarantee that appropriate regulatory approval to permit such secondary trading will ever be obtained. If an active public trading market for our securities does not develop or is not sustained, it may be difficult or impossible for you to resell your shares at any price before the end of the investment period. Even if a public market does develop, the market price could decline below the amount you paid for your shares, and there may be fees involved. Please refer to our offering circular for more details regarding potential distributions.